Identification Of The Affected High Pressure Rubber Hoses:
- Black rubber outer covering on hose
- Marked with text 5000 PSIG PRESSURE TESTED – MADE IN USA
- Approximate hose diameter 12,5 mm (1/2 inch) and length 84 cm (33 inch)
- Manufacturing batch code 1812 printed
This recall applies only to the specific 1812 batch of the high pressure rubber hoses. Other high pressure rubber hoses are not impacted and need not to be replaced.
The Following Products May Be Affected:
Cobra, Cobra 3, SM-36 pressure gauge and gauge combos, as well as Vyper and Zoop when purchased as combo products. More information and a complete list of product codes can be found at suunto.com/recall
To date, there have been no known injuries related to this issue. It is, however, mandatory that all affected products are returned for a hose change.
If you have bought a suunto product with the above mentioned hose after 11/2012:
- Investigate your product immediately.
- If the hose of your product has the above mentioned code 1812 in it, use of the product is prohibited until the hose has been replaced.
- Return the product to your nearest Suunto Dive Authorized Dealer or Suunto Authorized Service Center for a hose change at no cost.
In US and EU countries you can also use Suunto Online Service Request (suunto.com/servicerequest) to get your product picked up for the hose change.