High-Pressure Scuba Diving Air Hoses Recalled by A-Plus Marine Due to Drowning Hazard:
- Name of Product: High-pressure scuba diving air hoses
- Units: About 40
- Importer: A-Plus Marine Supply, Inc., of Gulf Breeze, Fla.
- Hazard: The diving hose that connects the regulator to the tank’s pressure gauge can separate reducing the available air supply to the diver, posing a drowning hazard.
- Incidents/Injuries: A-Plus has received three reports of hoses separating. No injuries have been reported.
- Description: The recalled air hoses are high-pressure scuba air hoses with a black, smooth rubber outer covering. They are about half a centimeter in diameter and 32 or 36 inches long. These hoses connect the regulator to the tank pressure gauge. The phrase “Scuba Diving High Pressure hose I.D. 3/16″ (4.76 mm) W.P. 5000 PSI Exceeds SAE 100RT braid with Kevlar fiber from Dupont” is printed in white lettering on the hose’s outer covering. The hoses have metal fittings on each end. “CE EN 250 230” is stamped on the female side of the fitting and “12Q1” on the male side.
Firm’s Recall Hotline: (800) 352-2360
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908